Learn the way that’s right for you, your schedule, your location, your life
Z4 Empowered Learning, the teaching methodology at King’s College School, was developed to be delivered unhindered from home. That’s why it is so conducive to our online learning program.
Our online learning program gives students in grades 2-12 the option to attend classes at King’s College School virtually or via a combination of both.
Proven to Work
Online learning has proven successful for King’s College School students; first, for many years, with our travelling students (e.g. elite athletes) and more recently with our entire 2019/2020 student body which had to transition from on-campus learning to virtual learning due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Full-time is 5 hours/day of scheduled synchronous classes (live with a teacher in small class setting) following a regular timetable, including breaks and with attendance kept
- King’s College School relieves parents of the burden of being a teacher and disciplinarian; we believe the job of parents is to love, encourage and support students and the school’s job is to teach, enable and mentor students
- Relevant online forums, discussion and feedback
- Technical support
- Community building, bonding and encouraging school spirit, facilitated through Spirit Days, team building activities and other online social initiatives
- Weekly progression reports, keeping students accountable and allowing for them and their parents to monitor their progress
- Adaptable to each student’s and family’s individual situation
- Delivered seamlessly on campus and virtually
- Student would attend on campus some days and work virtually from home on other days as the family wishes
A High-Quality Education
No matter which learning option your child enrolls in at King’s College School, the end result will be the same: an exceptional educational experience.
At King’s College School we take pride in providing a safe, welcoming and nurturing environment where both elementary and secondary students thrive and cultivate a life-long passion for learning.
Your child will develop ownership of their own learning, as well as advanced personal skills such as self-discipline, responsibility, accountability, time management, project management, leadership, and self-reflection.
Our programs will increase communication skills readying them for university, work and beyond: skills such as essay writing, seminar leadership, presenting and public speaking. We also work with students to build a social contribution portfolio that will give them the best chance to gain acceptance into elite university programs.
King’s is a place where students can learn more, do more, be more and make a difference.